Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fashion designers I do love

It’s not that I hate all things fashion. So here’s a list of designers that make me wish I had money.

  1. Bruno Pieters: He seems to have disappeared from the planet, but when I look at old runway shows of him I realise I still like the same outfits I liked 5 years ago. So even though I don’t like everything he made, I do feel like the things I liked 5 years ago and that I still like today may be a good investment. I do have to admit I was a little disappointed in his last collections, but then again my expectations may have been unrealistically high and his last collections were more ‘modern geometry’ style which is not my style and less of his ‘modern Victorian’ style. My roots are Catholic and his ‘modern Victorian’ style perfectly satisfies both my inner Virgin Mary and my inner Mary Magdalena.

  1. Elie Saab: He makes these beautiful evening gowns that are both sensual and elegant. I hope one day I can afford one of his dresses and will have an occasion to wear them.

  1. And others: Monique Lhuillier, Nina Ricci, Louise Assomo, Vionnet (especially Vionnet by Sophia Kokosolaki), Roberto Cavalli (because so far to me he made the H&M collection that is the best translation of his brands’ esthetics. To me making a good H&M collection means you also love your fans that can’t afford your clothes. I do don’t know how the clothes look like in real life, since I didn’t go to H&M that day. I was too scared I would never come out of there alive.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment